Queso is another one of those comfort foods that everyone loves, but it just doesn’t love us back. Not anymore…we took NuNosh spicy cheddah and turned it into a pourable, dipable, bakeable, delicious cheesy creation that we are so excited about we want you all to try making your own before our packaged version comes out later this year.
This masterful creation came together for our concert marking events at the Idaho Botanical Garden this summer, and we are so happy nachos inspired us to create this.
It’s just spicy enough to keep the heat lovers happy, but not overwhelming with an undertone of smokey chili and charred onion. What will you put queso on?
- 1 white onion, medium diced
- 2 small cans hatch green chili
- 1 8oz NuNosh spicy cheddah
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1.5 tablespoons ancho chili powder
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 6 oz water
- Salt to taste
- (Cayenne is helpful if you want to kick it up a notch….but add slowly young padawan)
Toss the onion in some olive oil, and convection bake for 8-10 minutes at 425 degrees.
Stir all ingredients together in a bowl. Add water 2oz at a time until you reach the desired consistency.